Surya Namaskar Steps and Benefits
Yoga consists of a range of techniques including asanas (postures) and meditation and Surya Namaskar is A Complete Compound Exercise. Surya Namaskar means to offer or greet the Sun. This yoga asana is the best way to give perfect shape to the body and keep the mind calm and healthy. This yoga asana is a good cardio-vascular exercise and beneficial for health. Surya Namaskar makes the mind and body keeps healthy. So here in this article we are seeing Surya Namaskar Steps and Benefits in details.
In addition to good health, Surya Namaskar also gives us an opportunity to express our gratitude to the Sun for preserving life on earth. Start your day with a feeling of gratitude and kindness towards the sun’s energy. If you are looking for a way to stay fit, in your busy routine then Surya Namaskar is the best option. Surya Namaskar is a combination of 12 powerful yoga asanas.
There are so many version of surya namskar available on the internet but only fews are the correct version. Which shows the corrcet posture and advantage for every step
And here in this article we are telling you the correct version (12 steps) pictorial representation with name and advantage for each pose.
Do the Surya Namaskar in the morning on empty stomach and after doing Surya Namaskar and other yoga asanas (yoga asana), take complete rest in yoga sleep (Nidra-asanas). Make this mantra to become fit, happy and calm. A mantra whose effect will be with you throughout the day and for your good health.
Surya Namaskar all 12 Steps :
- प्रणाम आसन | Prayer pose
- हस्तउत्तानासन |Raised Arms pose
- हस्तपाद आसन |Hand to Foot pose
- अश्व संचालन आसन | Equestrian pose
- दंडासन |Dandasana (Stick pose)
- अष्टांग नमस्कार | Ashtanga Namaskara (Salute With Eight Parts Or Points)
- भुजंग आसन |Bhujangasana (Cobra pose)
- पर्वत आसन | Parvatasana (Mountain pose)
- अश्वसंचालन आसन | Ashwa Sanchalanasana (Equestrian pose)
- हस्तपाद आसन | Hasta Padasana (Hand to Foot pose)
- हस्तउत्थान आसन | Hastauttanasana (Raised Arms pose)
- ताड़ासन | Tadasana
1) प्रणाम आसन | Prayer pose
Stand on the edge of your posture (mat), hold both your paws together and put the entire weight equally on both feet. Inflate your chest and keep shoulders loose. While inhaling, raise both hands above the armpit and while exhaling, bring the palms in front of the chest while connecting the palms.
2) हस्तउत्तानासन |Raised Arms pose
Inhale, raise your hands up and back and keep the biceps of the arms close to the ears. In this posture, try to pull the entire body upwards from the ankles to the fingers of the hands. How to make this yoga asana more effective? By pushing your hips forward, make sure that you are going upward with your fingers and not backwards.
3) हस्तपाद आसन |Hand to Foot pose
While exhaling and keeping the spine straight, lean forward from the waist. While exhaling completely, place both hands on the ground near the claw. How to make this yoga asana more effective? Knees can bend if needed to bring the palms to the ground, and now make a gentle effort to straighten the knees. Until this sequence of Surya Namaskar is complete, keep this position of your hands fixed at this place.
4) अश्व संचालन आसन | Equestrian pose
Inhale, move your right foot as far back as possible, keep the right knee on the ground, move the vision upwards.
How to make this yoga asana more effective? Make sure that the left leg stays between the two palms.
5) दंडासन |Dandasana (Stick pose)
Inhale, move the left leg back and keep the entire body in a straight line.
How to make this yoga asana more effective? Keep your hands perpendicular to the ground.
6) अष्टांग नमस्कार | Ashtanga Namaskara (Salute With Eight Parts Or Points)
Relax both knees on the floor and exhale. Raise your hips backwards.
Move the entire body forward. Touch your chest and chin from the ground.
Keep your axes slightly raised. Now two hands, two legs, two knees,
chest and chin (eight body parts) will be touching the ground.
7) भुजंग आसन |Bhujangasana (Cobra pose)
Moving forward, lift the chest in Bhujangasana.
The elbows may remain bent. Keep the shoulders away from the ears and the vision upward. How to make this yoga asana more effective? Make a gentle effort to push the chest forward while inhaling. While exhaling, press the navel down easily. Press the toes downwards.
Make sure to do as much as you can, do not force yourself.
8) पर्वत आसन | Parvatasana (Mountain pose)
While exhaling, raise the lower part of the hips and spinal cord, bending the chest down to form an inverted V shape.
How to make this yoga asana more effective? If possible,
keep the ankles on the ground and try to raise the lower part of the spine. Experience the vibe deeply.
9) अश्वसंचालन आसन | Ashwa Sanchalanasana (Equestrian pose)
Inhale, move the right leg between the two hands,
you can place the left knee on the ground. Keep the vision up. How to make this yoga asana more effective? Place the right paws in between both hands and place the right calf perpendicular to the ground. Try to move the hips downward to feel the stretch deeper.
10) हस्तपाद आसन | Hasta Padasana (Hand to Foot pose)
While exhaling, bring the left leg forward, let the palms remain on the ground. Knees can bend if needed. How to make this yoga asana more effective?
Gently straighten the knees and if possible try to touch the knees with your nose, and keep breathing.
11) हस्तउत्थान आसन | Hastauttanasana (Raised Arms pose)
Inhale, slowly bring the spine up, move the hands up and back,
pushing the axes forward. How to make this yoga asana more effective?
Make sure the ears are adjacent to the arm and the stretch is upward, not backward.
12) ताड़ासन | Tadasana
While exhaling, first straighten the body and then bring the hands down.
Relax in this state and bring awareness to the sensations happening in the body.
When to do Surya Namaskar?
Like all compound actions, sunrise is considered the best time of the morning for sun-salutation. Surya Namaskar should always be practiced on an empty stomach in an open ventilated place, on an empty stomach. It gives full effect of yoga only if the mind is peaceful and happy.
Why Surya Namaskar ?
With the increase of physical and mental vigor by regular practice of Surya-Namaskar,
thinking and memory are also intensified. It has many other benefits which are as follows:
Surya Namaskar All Benefits
- Blood circulation increases in all important components.
- Surya Namaskar provides vitamin D, which strengthens bones.
- Eyesight increases.
- The fat (fat) of the stomach is reduced by reducing the weight (weight), so it is very helpful in reducing the weight of obese people.
- Prevents hair loss and dandruff.
- It is helpful in controlling anger.
- The waist is flexible and the back bone is strong.
- The chances of getting skin disease are eliminated.
- Increases efficiency of heart and lungs.
- The arms of the arms and waist become strong.
- The vertex and waist become flexible.
- People with weak digestive system and gas problems must do Surya Namaskar.
- strengthen the muscles and joints and their body elasticity becomes like children.
- Helps to balance the secretions of all important glands of the body, such as pituitary, thyroid, parathyroid, adrenal, liver, pancreas, ovary etc.
- Plays a very useful role in solving problems related to digestion, indigestion, constipation, indigestion, gas, puffiness and loss of appetite.
- Helps to balance Vata, Pitta and Kapha. Tridosha helps in prevention.
- With this practice, blood circulation is intensified and the speed of metabolism increases, which makes all the organs of the body strong and functional.
- The person practicing it regularly reduces the possibility of having problems like heart disease, high blood pressure, low blood pressure, diabetes, arthritis, constipation.
- Along with the diagnosis of mental stress, depression, anxiety etc., it also prevents anger, irritability and fear.
- Flexible, healthy and reinforces all vertebrae of the spine.
- Strengthens the muscles of the legs and arms. Develops chest.
- Increases memory and self-power.
- This asana is also beneficial for improving the skin. While doing this asana, blood flows properly in the body due to which the skin glows and wrinkles are also eliminated.
- Surya Namaskar is beneficial for women who do not have menstruations
Surya Namaskar Steps and Benefits Conclusion
As above article shows the complete Surya Namaskar Steps and Benefits . As well as benefit for the each pose. So Surya Namaskar in the morning on empty stomach is kind of Complete exercise for your healthy body.
Also Read :- Simple and Easy tips for healthy Hair