TOP 10 Benefits of Drinking water
We have been told since childhood that drinking plenty of water is good for our health. Its recommend that drinking 7 to 8 glasses of water a day is good for the body. Because of the water our body flushes out toxins. Doctors also always advise drinking more water. It helps in strengthening the digestive system, skin and hair. There are many benefits to drinking water. However, drinking too much water can also cause damage. So in this article we will learn about the TOP 10 Benefits of Drinking water with advantages and disadvantages of water.
TOP 10 Benefits of Drinking water
- Drinking lukewarm water with Lemon juice help to reduce weight and to be slim fit.
- It is better to drink 1 glass of water after waking up in the morning. This keeps the stomach clean. Drinking water does not make the skin dry.
- The brain is made up of 90% water. Drinking less water can cause headaches.
- Water reduces joint pain, drinking of water can reduce the possibility of kidney stone.
- 80% of the muscles in the body are made up of water . Drink plenty of water to strengthen it.
- Drinking water reduces the risk of burns.
- If you start drinking hot water instead of cold water, it helps to invade the intestines.
- Therefore, people who drink lukewarm water have less stress and calm mind.
- The steam that comes out of drinking hot water gives relief to the stuffy nose and also removes the complaint of stuffy nose.
- Boil water for 10 minutes, cool it and drink it after getting thirsty. It is beneficial to add a piece of ginger while boiling water. Boiled and cooled water reduces phlegm and bile. Discard the boiled water after one day. Drinking lukewarm water does not cause bile and phlegm defects.
Drinking water always good for our health, but as we know excess and less amount of anything can also be harmful. So we are discussing some disadvantage of water in less or excess amount.
Disadvantage of Drinking less water
- Do not drink water immediately after eating melon or cucumber. Colds are more likely to occur.
- Drinking too much water can delay the digestion of food.
- Some people suffer from heartburn due to drinking water.
- Do not drink water immediately after coming home from summer.
- Drinking too much water can put extra pressure on the kidneys.
- Excessive intake of water is likely to pose a risk to the heart.
- Bypassed people should drink less water.
- Drinking water on an empty stomach can cause cold and fever.
- Drinking water immediately after a meal increases fat.
As we have seen the Top 10 Benefits of Drinking water with advantage and disadvantage, but there is some more rules we need to keep in mind while consuming water daily which are also mentioned in our ancient Ayurveda.
Drink 3 glasses of water as soon as you wake up in the morning
Drink 3 glasses of water on an empty stomach. By doing this all the impurities of your body will be excreted through urine and all the organs of your body will work smoothly.
Do not drink cold water from the fridge
The stomach needs extra energy to heat the cold water that comes from the blood. In this way the blood of the whole body will flow towards the stomach to warm the stomach, this will reduce the blood in other parts of the body. As a result, the main organs of the body like brain and heart will not be able to function properly. Drinking cold water causes the large intestine to shrink, which causes acid to accumulate in the large intestine, leading to piles and related diseases. Cold water takes longer to digest which weakens our immune system.
Drink water half an hour before eating
If you drink water before eating, your appetite will decrease a little and you will eat less, which will reduce your obesity. At the same time, your stomach will be fine.
RO water should not be drunk
RO water should not be drunk as the nutrients calcium, magnesium and antioxidants present in the water are completely eliminated while purifying the water. Due to not being able to get these nutrients to the body, we start getting many diseases.
Do not drink water immediately after eating
Drink water one hour after eating, so that the digestive juice can show its effect in the stomach. If you drink water immediately before or after eating, the food will not be digested quickly.
Instead of water, consume curd, buttermilk and healthy beverages
If you feel thirsty while eating food, take curd or raita instead of water. This will keep your body cool and the food will be easily digested.
Drink water when you feel tired
Our brain is 75% full of water. If you drink water when you feel tired, your mind will work well and your mind will be fully engaged in work.
Drink plenty of water at the beginning of the day
Drink plenty of water throughout the day and as evening falls, reduce water intake so that you do not have to run to the bathroom at night.
Drink water shortly after bathing
Drinking water shortly after bathing helps in lowering blood pressure. If you are taking a hot shower, avoid drinking cold water before taking a bath.
Drink water before and after exercise
It is very important that whenever you exercise, drink water before it, so that your muscles can get energy. Drinking water reduces fatigue. If you do not drink water properly, you will get tired quickly.
Drink water while you are sick, pregnant or breastfeeding
If you are sick, drinking water will repair your body soon. Pregnant and lactating women need more water than usual. They are advised to drink 10 glasses of water every day.
Normal water contains more electrolytes and minerals than bottled water, including belows:
Experts says water is “alkaline water.” alkaline water acts as an antioxidant and reduces inflammatory cell damage from oxidation.